Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gryphon-Charles Baxter Blog

The Gryphon was a very interesting story and I thought that it was kind of confusing too.  The plot did not make any sense to me but I did like the story.

One of the things that i thought were very interesting was they way the author would inject information about the setting randomly in dialogue.  For example on page 28 "Five Oaks being a rural community, and in Michigan..." and again on page 32 "Its raw spinach, cleaned this morning before I came out here to the Garfield-Murry school."Also the way that the author did not mention Tommy's name until almost 3/4 of the way through the story. As the reader I had to gradually pick up hints about the main character and the setting.  While reading the first few pages I didn't even know if the main character was a boy or a girl! But over all I did enjoy the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment